You can’t say “Spring Break” without thinking of a fishing trip. We are aware you are tired of the cold and miserable Winter. So, now it’s time to start planning a fishing trip to Pacific Fins, where you will get thawed out.
Our peak season is October through May, but… now comes the time of year many love. I call it “The Smorgasbord Season”. This is when not only you get intense sailfish action, its when blue marlin start to be more abundant. Yellowfin tuna will be active around spinner dolphin, and dorado will be in the larger class. Plus, you can’t never rule out a striped marlin in the spread and wahoo.
March through May is a great time to be here. It’s also the time that books fast. We have limited space available, want to be part of an epic season? Grab your passports, call your fishing partners, pack your bags, and head to Guatemala!
Uncharacteristic for this region, due to a mix of strong cold fronts and green water making it’s way into the fishing grounds, it has been a slow February. As you can see the fishing reports, there has been better days than others.
The good news, blue water started to make its way into the grounds which has resulted in better action. The blue marlin bite has picked up and reports of yellowfin tuna has sushi lovers very happy!
- February 6th: Chechos (Captain Nestor) – 4 sailfish raises, 3 bites and 2 releases. 1 for 2 on blue marlin and 2 dorados.
- February 9th: Knotwork (Captain Caluco) – 3 sailfish raises, 3 bites and 3 releases. 1 yelowfin tuna.
- February 12th: Gypsy (Captain Jorge) – 11 sailfish raises, 11 bites and 10 releases. 1 dorado.
- February 13th: Gypsy – 5 sailfish raises, 3 bites and 2 releases. 11 dorados.
- February 14th: Gypsy – 9 sailfish raises, 5 bites and 4 releases. .
- February 15th: Knotwork – 6 sailfish raises, 5 bites and 5 releases. 2 dorados.
- February 15th: Chechos – 8 sailfish raises, 8 bites and 7 releases. 2 dorados.
- February 16th: Chechos – 31 sailfish raises, 29 bites and 25 releases. 1 dorado.
- February 16th: Knotwork – 25 sailfish raises, 18 bites and 11 releases.
- February 17th: Knotwork – 4 sailfish raises, 4 bites and 3 releases.
- February 17th: Chechos – 14 sailfish raises, 14 bites and 12 releases.
- February 19th: Maverick – 13 sailfish raises, 10 bites and 6 releases. 1 dorado and 1 for 2 on blue marlin.
- February 19th: Knotwork – 4 sailfish raises, 4 bites and 1 releases. 1 for 2 blue marlin.
- February 19th: Chechos – 6 sailfish raises, 5 bites and 2 releases.
- February 19th: Gypsy – 15 sailfish raises, 11 bites and 7 releases.
- February 20th: Maverick – 6 sailfish raises, 6 bites and 4 releases. 1 blue marlin and 3 yellowfin tuna.
- February 20th: Knotwork – 5 sailfish raises, 5 bites and 4 releases.
- February 21st: Gypsy – 10 sailfish raises, 7 bites and 4 releases. 1 yellowfin tuna.
SOLD OUT! We knew this was going to happen. The first Unfathomed hosted trip with Captain George Gozdz booked in record time.
This is an all-inclusive adventure with 4 nights/5 days accommodations and 3 full days of offshore fishing on May 13th – May 17th, 2021. In addition to the fishing we have added an afternoon of sightseeing in the old capital city of Antigua on the day we arrive.
Due to limited space and demand, we will be adding a second Unfathomed hosted trip soon. Stay tune to social media and our weekly news letters for the next date. You don’t want to miss out on one heck of a time.